Frequently Asked Questions
- Encourages, promotes, and assists with community visioning
(Vision 2020 and Comprehensive Plan Updates)
- Promotes recreational, cultural, and artistic programs and tourism events
- Spearheaded the revitalization of (streetscape) Main Street
- Supports protection of the environment; Supporting Elkhorn Land and Historic Trust, Georgetown/Scott County Comprehensive Plan, and the preservation of Ward Hall
- Promotes availability of Health Care; Provides information on health screenings at Georgetown Community Hospital and supports other healthcare professionals.
- Educates members on current legislation; Chamber Newsletter, Red Alerts, Forums, Seminars, Lunch & Learns, Legislative Breakfasts
- Conducts member surveys on local issues
- Monitors City Council/Fiscal Court/Planning and Zoning meetings
- Acts on important topics; Reduced cost of long distance calls by
extending service to Lexington, established Revenue Commission to consolidate local taxes paid by businesses, Inter-local Agreement Task Force
- Recruits businesses that are compatible with the community needs; Promotes expansion of all existing industry and the Lane’s Run Business Park
- Supports a better educated workforce; Local and regional School-To-Work, Center for Quality People & Organizations, Elkhorn Crossing School, Work Ready Community
- Promotes Tourism
- Coordinates onsite visits with City and County leaders to assist new and existing businesses; Scott County Industrial Form, Scott County United
- Provides referrals of Chamber Members only
- Provides relocation and demographic information to industry,
businesses, and residents
community advancement and improving its “quality of life” is eligible
for membership! BONUS! Membership is tax deductible!
- Advertising Opportunities: in our biweekly newsletter, on the website, social media and event sponsorships
- Monthly events: Luncheons, Business After Hours, “Let’s Eat” Program
- Group Events: Keeneland, Annual Banquet and Golf Tourney
- Lunch & Learns, Business Workshops and Speed Networking
- Membership Breakfast and Business Referrals
- Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, Anniversary Events
Every Chamber Member is encouraged to use the Chamber logo in their marketing material, at their place of business, and in other appropriate means of communication.
Every member will sign a logo usage policy and will agree to
discontinue use if a Member no longer has an active investment with our organization
A style guide and the logo can be obtained by contacting
email@example.com or at the Chamber office.